Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Putting Forth the Effort

I'm going to dye my hair. I've never done it before, and I'm a little nervous, but I want to try something new.

Right now, I get about as much attention from the opposite sex as a white crayon gets in a pre-school class. So, I want to change up my look. Not a crazy, drastic change, just a little, to hopefully give a subtle edge over my current game.

In addition, I have been trying (keyword) to put more effort into my daily appearance. Unfortunately, on morning that I open, that usually means I smooth my hair before I yank it up into a ponytail, and then I poke myself in the eyes with some mascara before I hide them behind my high-school era glasses. So, I've got a way to go, but I'm getting there. It would be nice if I didn't have to wear navy blue and khaki everyday, but I'll just have to deal with that.

On days that I don't go in until later, I usually do fairly well, my hair down and decent looking, make-up done-ish, contacts instead of glasses, but even then, it's a fairly low-maintenance routine. Also, it's so hot at work that I usually end up pulling my hair up once I get there, so that defeats the purpose. If I could just learn how to do some cute, casual up-dos, I'd be unstoppable.

Well, you know, as unstoppable as I'll ever be. Anyway, I can't wait to unveil my new 'do (probably sometime next week), but I think I'm not going to tell N----, U------, E----, A---, or B---- until I get it done. Maybe I won't tell anyone until I post the pics. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment