Saturday, February 25, 2012

Single Problems


There's a hockey game tomorrow night, and my friend* and I have been planning to go together for two weeks now. Longer, really, because we go to pretty much every game together unless one of us has to work. Anyway, I asked him tonight if we had a game plan for tomorrow yet, and he said that he might not be going because he might have a date. Excuse me?

I asked where he might be going on his date (with a guy he's never met before), and he said that he wanted to go to the hockey game. So... what he really meant was, I'm not going with you. And, if he goes and I go, too, then one of us will have to sit somewhere other than our regular seats. WFT?

Believe me, I'm going now, come Hell or high water. And, I'm sitting in my damn seat.

The problem with my righteous indignation? My best friend has to work, and he's my other hockey friend. So, I'm having to press gang my younger sister, who doesn't like hockey, into going. Oh yeah, and I don't have a date. Bollocks!

*In the spirit of full disclosure, he's gay, so I'm not jealous that he's going on a date, I'm freaking pissed that he is ditching me for some random guy that he met online.

No comments:

Post a Comment