Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Year-old Single Rant

So, I was going through a notebook I used for school a couple of semesters ago, and I came across this rant that I wrote down while not paying attention in class. It made me laugh out loud at myself, so I hope you enjoy it, too.
I'm not learning anything in here. None of this makes any sense. 
Ugh. I'm going to be 21 years-old, and going to my cousin's wedding single. Dang it. How pathetic am I? I need a romantic relationship, stat. It's getting desperate. I mean, really? A felon? No, thanks, and no thank you, D-----, too. Someone attractive and acceptable needs to find me attractive and ask me out. Please and thank you. Because I'm sick of being single. I'm sick of being a strong, independent woman. I want romance. I want a relationship. I need affection and respect. And I need it and want it now. All wrapped up in a non-ugly, preferably ginger package with a great sense of humor and similar religious convictions. That not too much to ask, is it? Is it? He doesn't have to be ginger. He could have blond hair, or brown. And he doesn't have to be hot or drop-dead-gorgeous, just attractive to me. Although, I wouldn't turn a sexy, drop-dead kinda guy down. At this point, I think I'd even go out with N---, and I don't even think he's cute, and I do think he's a big bowl of crazy flakes. 
Everybody I went to high school with... I don't like that sentence. They're all gonna start getting married and having babies soon, and I'm still going to be single. I'm quickly becoming an old maid, and I'm not ok with that.
Why is Prince Charming taking so long? Did my frog prince get dissected? Or was my fish lost in the oil spill? At least, let me know he's out there somewhere. I'm too old to have never been kissed. For heaven's sake, even C------'s been kissed, and I'm much more pleasant to be with than she is. Aren't I? My people skills are very superior to hers. Right?
Honestly, how random can I be? The felon I'm referring to is one of two people, either this guy that I was convinced was a drug dealer or this guy that my friend wanted to set me up with who did drugs. Either way, not a great catch. D----- was a guy my dad's age that gave me his number, and N--- was a big bowl of crazy flakes.

It just cracks me up how nothing has changed. I'm still single, still making jokes about it, and still going to be the only one at my ten-year high school reunion without a ten year-old. Although, I'm ok with not having a four year-old right now.

Just thought I'd let you see what really goes on in my head. Hope it made you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment